This time, we partnered with Miss Polkadot, Julia Yany, for her Rosemary Roast Chicken. Just in time for your Christmas dinner too! Find out more about her here!
1 kampong chicken (900 grm), clean & wash, pat dry with paper towel.
1/2 lemon, slice thinly
Few sprigs fresh rosemary leaves
2 teaspoons olive oil
Marinade Herbs mixture:
*using measuring spoon
1 teaspoon Good Salt
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
Combine mixture in a bowl.
1. Loosen chicken skin with finger tips and rub herbs mixture under the skin & inside the cavity evenly.
stuffed in chicken cavity with slices of lemon and few sprigs rosemary.
2. Place chicken on casserole and marinade overnight, cover with cling wrap and store in a fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius. Rubs chicken with olive oil evenly and place chicken on the grill oven rack. Put casserole below grill rack to collect the liquid incurred during roasting process.
4. Roast for 30 minutes on the breast side. Using tongs, flip over to another side and roast for another 25-30 minutes or to desire charred. (Depends on the size of chicken)
5. Drizzle with the sauce collected from roasting process. Serve with side dishes.