This time we partnered with Munira Bamadhaj from Glazed @glazeddesserts for her delicious salted fudge brownies made with GoodSalt. They may not look like much, but trust us that they are fudgey, chocolatey, absolutely delicious!
140g Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
170g Fine Sugar
2 Large Eggs
200g Dark Compound Chocolate, melted
2 Tbsp Hot Water
1 tsp of Nescafe
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
90g All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp GoodSalt + extra for sprinkling
1) Preheat oven to 170°C. Spray an 8 by 8 inch square pan with non stick cooking spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper. Allow access paper on the sides for easy lifting. Set aside.
2) In a bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder and 1/2 tsp of GoodSalt and set aside. In a small cup mix together the hot water with the nescafe and vanilla, set aside.
3) In a large bowl whisk together the sugar and butter until fluffy. Add the eggs. Beat until all is combined.
4) Add the melted chocolate and whisk thoroughly then add nescafe mixture. Switch to a spatula and add the dry ingredients and mix everything together until it’s incorporated but don’t over mix.
5) Pour batter into your prepared pan, smooth it out to the corners and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs but not wet batter. The top should be wrinkly but the sides of the pan should not get dried and hard.
6) Cool the brownie completely in the pan and then lift using the edges of the parchment paper to remove it from the pan. Once cooled, sprinkle the top lightly with GoodSalt.
Can be served warm or chilled. Cut into squares and enjoy!