½ red onion, thinly sliced
½ red chilli, deseeded and cut into thin long strips (I replaced with ½ red capsicum for my kids)
½ carrot, finely julienned
1 handful of wood ears fungus, soaked, washed and thinly sliced (you can use fresh wood ears fungus too)
½ cup of cooked crab meat
About 1/3 cup of Mung bean vermicelli, soaked and cut into about 2 inches
2 sprigs of spring onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
2-3 beaten eggs (depends on how big your eggs are)
1 cup homemade chicken stock
About ½ tsp of GoodSalt
A dash of pepper to taste
1) Heat wok on high heat and add 3 tablespoons of oil.
2) Put in onions and stir for 10 seconds.
3) Add sliced chilli/red capsicum and stir fry for another 5 seconds.
4) Add carrots and wood ear fungus. Stir fry for 20 seconds. Add crabmeat and stir well.
5) Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Season with GoodSalt and pepper. Taste and adjust accordingly.
6) Add in vermicelli to let it absorb the chicken stock until 1/3 of original liquid is still visible.
7) Add in beaten eggs and spring onions and toss everything until it dries up.